Technologies which allow for more seamless collaboration between teams and sharing of information and services are expected to provide the foundation for the new digital HR. Two critical projects have been identified as a priority in this domain for the HR division – implementation of new Sharepoint Document Management hubs and implementation of ServiceNow service desk software and portal for administrators and employees.
Document Management Sites for Division of HR & Equity
The HR&E Documents Hub is a new, internal SharePoint Online site that has replaced the Blackboard portal. This site allows HR&E staff to efficiently and securely track, modify, store, organize and share critical documents. The new portal leverages SharePoint’s search, document versioning capabilities and mobile-ready interface for an enriched user experience. During the first phase of the project, the team analyzed and reduced 1,700 pre-existing documents to 372 that were critical for business processes. This project represents phase one of a multi-year strategy to improve document management within the Division.
- New HR document management hub available for team-specific areas of interest, example: Administrative HR, Labour Relations, VP-HR, etc.
- Best practices for records retention, document management, etc. for the division as a whole.
- Creation of team-specific HR SharePoint sites underway, including a Labour Relations Database and PM
Job Description Database site.
- In Q3 2019 launched a new knowledge hub site to deliver training for the new HR Service Centre
- Document management hub for VP HR in progress, targeted completion of Q1 2020
- Phase 1 of Records Management project underway, with the goal of moving all HR shared drives and files
to team and Division specific SharePoint sites by Q4 2020
- Hubsite to tie together all team-specific SharePoint sites with the HRE Portal has been created and
tested; target launch Q1 2020
- SharePoint site for the Uniforum survey launched in March 2019; additional features and information will
be added in Q1 2020
Enterprise Service Centre (ServiceNow)
The HR Service Desk software (ServiceNow) will help to streamline over 40,000 annual HR service requests, through a central, shared services unit. The system is expected to eventually manage and track approximately 70% of all standard HR inquiries, and empower staff to complete basic HR functions – ultimately allowing HR practitioners to perform more strategic tasks.
- Deployment of Shared Services Help desk streamlining all inquiries. Potential for AskHR – one email address for employee inquiries.
- Online knowledge base allowing for convenient, self-service help.
- Conversion of approximately 80+ PDF forms to fillable online forms routed to the appropriate HR unit for resolution.
- Investigation of options to use Service Desk software for high risk Case Management for HR.
- Completed a soft launch of HR ServiceNow on November 13, 2019; since that time, more than 3500
cases have been submitted.
- Change management for program sustainment is underway; an HR Shared Services Network
(including a Community of Practice) been established to validate current configuration and advise on
feature prioritization and design for future implementations
- 10 central HR email channels have been ingested to ServiceNow; on target to ingest 13 additional
inboxes and begin decommissioning as necessary by Q4 2020
- Content analysis and migration of content to ServiceNow from the HR & Equity website is complete;
more than 300 knowledge articles have been uploaded, and the redesigned HR & Equity website will
launch in March 2020
- Estimated full launch of HR ServiceNow is February 10, 2020