About this Initiative
The U of T Anti-Semitism Working Group is an integral part of the University’s commitment to addressing systemic forms of discrimination within its tri-campus community. The Working Group will review programming, activities, processes and practices in place at the University of Toronto and develop recommendations to support the University’s response to anti-Semitism.
The Working Group will provide recommendations to the President, the Vice-President, Human Resources and Equity, and Vice-President & Provost.
You can provide feedback to email@example.com. Students, faculty, staff, librarians, instructors, and researchers will also be invited to communicate their concerns and recommendations to the Working Group in the coming months.
Updates from the Working Group are published to this website’s news feed under the Anti-Racism Working Groups post category.
Terms of Reference
Members of the Anti-Semitism Working Group will:
- Consult members of the University community, including students, faculty, librarians, and staff about how to create an inclusive environment where Jewish members of our community feel welcome and respected.
- Examine best practices at other research-intensive universities for combatting anti-Semitism.
- Develop an inventory of existing institutional and divisional initiatives that address anti-Semitism.
- Recommend actions that equity offices and other University offices on all three campuses can take to improve education about anti-Semitism and responses to anti-Semitic incidents.
- Review the University’s existing policies to determine whether existing policy tools are appropriate for dealing with issues of anti-Semitism.
- Propose new programs and initiatives to eliminate anti-Semitism on campus.
- Present a final report to the President, the Vice-President and Provost, and the Vice-President, Human Resources and Equity.
Share Your Feedback
We want to hear from you. There will be many opportunities throughout the year for all members of the U of T community to share their thoughts on addressing anti-Semitism with the working group.
Members of the U of T community may share their feedback by emailing the Anti-Semitism Working Group.