The University has a longstanding and fundamental commitment to promoting EDI and emphasizes a working and learning environment for everyone. We recognize that a diverse campus and a culture of inclusive excellence is an essential part in the foundation of our institution. From creating pathways for under-represented students, and offering anti-racism and bias training for the U of T community, and advancing EDI as a shared responsibility is an ongoing process.
Our equity offices support staff, faculty, librarians and students with consultation services, resolution of concerns, as well as training and education. The offices support the campus community in the advancement of equity from dialogue to action. We strive to embed equity into all our practices and processes.
We work to ensure all of our workplace policies are inclusive and reflect our commitment to equity and diversity. To learn more, please visit our Policies & Guidelines page.
- Disabilities, Statement of Commitment Regarding Persons with [February 25, 2021]
- Equity, Diversity and Excellence, Statement on [December 14, 2006]
- Employment Equity Policy [March 28, 1991]
- Human Rights, Statement on [July 12, 2012]
Visit the HR Service Centre for Guidelines regarding Accommodation for Employees with Disabilities
Thank you for your patience while we add new EDI resources to this page. In the meantime, please find some of our recent materials:
Holidays & Religious Observations
These employer guides help managers to familiarize themselves with the meaning and traditions that are celebrated by many in our community.
- Diwali Employer Guide
- Jewish High Holy Days Employer Guide
- Maundy Employer Guide
- Passover Employer Guide
- Shemini Atzeret and Simchat Torah Employer Guide
- Hanukkah Inclusive Employer Guide
- Epiphany Inclusive Employer Guide
- Orthodox Christmas Inclusive Employer Guide
- Lunar New Year Employer Guide
- Ash Wednesday Employer Guide
- Purim Inclusive Employer Guide
- Nowruz Inclusive Employer Guide
- Ramadan Employer Guide
- Orthodox Easter Employer Guide
- Eid-ul-Fitr Inclusive Employer Guide
- Shavuot Employer Guide
- National Indigenous Peoples Day in the Workplace
- Eid Al-Adha in the Workplace
- Tisha B’Av in the Workplace
- More to come…
Your Journey: A Career Guide for Trans and Nonbinary Students
The guide by the Sexual and Gender Diversity Office is designed to support you in applying for jobs by showing you how to leverage available resources and make decisions that work for you and your career.
Materials for Accessible Communication
Accessibility requirements refer to the navigation, design, and coding considerations that help visitors using different types of web-enabled devices and visitors with disabilities engage with communications channels such as websites, email, PDFs and more.
Our Equity Offices provide specialized support and programming to the U of T community on various issues related to EDI.