- October 18, 2010
- Professional / Managerial Staff; Confidentials Staff; Research Associates / Senior Research Associates
- From: Angela Hildyard, Vice-President, Human Resources & Equity
- Call for Applications/ Nominations for the Proposed Pension Committee
As you may be aware, at its September 27 meeting, Business Board recommended approval of the Terms of Reference for the proposed Pension Committee (see the Bulletin, October 13 and the eBulletin, October 14).
According to the committee’s Terms of Reference, the total membership of the committee is 20, with four members appointed by the administrative staff, one of whom would be appointed on the recommendation of the non-unionized plan members. The Terms of Reference are available at www.hrandequity.utoronto.ca/Assets/news/pctermsofref.pdf.
On October 12, I invited the members of the Confidentials staff advisory group, the Professional/ Managerial Advisory Committees and the Research Associates/ Senior Research Associates Advisory Committee to meet for the purpose of developing a process for recommending a non-unionized staff representative to the Pension Committee.
The Advisory Board members who were in attendance elected to establish a search committee that will be responsible for assessing nominations and applications for the non-unionized staff representative to the Pension Committee, and for making a recommendation to the Governing Council. The application/ nomination form is available at www.hrandequity.utoronto.ca/Assets/news/form.doc [no longer available]. The deadline for applications and nominations is Friday, November 5, 2010.
The search committee will be comprised of one representative from each of the four advisory committees and includes: Brian Coates – Professional/Managerial 6-9; Kumar Sukumaran – Professional/Managerial 1-5; Catherine Monahan – Research Associates/ Senior Research Associates; and, Patricia Nevins – Confidentials.
The search committee will assess nominations and applications based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated general financial and/or investment knowledge.
- Demonstrated knowledge of matters related to the pension plans and pension matters in general.
- An understanding of fiduciary obligations.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to read financial statements.
- A commitment to the required time. Members are normally appointed for three-year terms; and, the committee will meet a minimum of four times per academic year.
- Support of colleagues within the administrative staff group.
I encourage all Professional/Managerial staff, Confidentials and Research Associates/ Senior Research Associates to consider this opportunity.
If you have any questions regarding the search committee or the application process, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Terms of Reference
- Application/Nomination form