- November 15, 2010
- Principals, Deans, Academic Directors and Chairs; Professionals and Managers
- Cheryl Misak, Vice-President and Provost; Angela Hildyard, Vice-President, Human Resources and Equity
- National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women, Campus Events
This year marks the twenty-first anniversary of the murder of fourteen women students at l’Ecole Polytechnique. Events to commemorate this and other tragic events and to focus attention on the broader issues of addressing violence against women will be held on all three campuses of the University.
- St. George, December 6. 12:15 p.m. (new location) Room 548, Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work, 246 Bloor St. West
- UTSC, Dec. 6, 12:00 noon, location TBA
- UTM, Nov. 24, 11:00 a.m., Student Centre, Presentation Room
Although classes will not be cancelled for the events, we would be grateful if all instructors could mention the memorials to their students, and be considerate of students who are absent in order to attend the events. Administrative staff should consult with their supervisors who are urged to recognize the importance of the occasion. We ask you to remain flexible within the constraints of maintaining office operations.
Please address any inquiries to the Status of Women Office at (416) 978-2196 or visit www.status-women.utoronto.ca