|Date:||December 16, 2011|
|To:||Professional & Managerial Staff|
|From:||Christina Sass-Kortsak, Assistant Vice-President, Human Resources|
|Re:||Confidential Employee Job Evaluation project|
In an October 13 memo, I let you know that we were reviewing the Confidential Employees Job Evaluation (JE) system and called for volunteers to participate in the Confidential Employee Group Advisory Committee. Today, I would like to update you on the progress of the project.
The Advisory Committee has been formed, and its members include:
- Hilda Andrade, Facilities and Services
- Anna Reale, Office of the Dean, University of Toronto at Mississauga
- Jean Radley, CAHRS
- Munira Tayabali, Office of Government, Institutional and Community Relations
- Joe-Anne Vanhorn, Benefits, Pension and Information Reporting
- Allison Wilson, Health and Well-Being Office
- Sheree Drummond, Office of the Vice-President and Provost
- Erin Jackson, CAHRS
On November 2, the Committee met with three consulting firms. Over the course of the day, each firm presented their proposals on how they could support the University through the Job Evaluation project. After extensive discussions with committee members, the consulting firm McDowall Associates was selected to work with U of T in modifying a job evaluation system for the Confidential employees.
The next steps are as follows:
December & January 2012:
- All Confidential job descriptions will be submitted by the Divisional HR Offices to Compensation
- The consulting firm will propose changes to the current PM JE system so that it can be used to evaluate Confidential jobs as well as PM jobs. The proposed changes will be presented to the Advisory Committee for review and feedback;
February & March 2012:
- Confidential positions will be evaluated through the revised system
- Internal and External market information will be evaluated in the development of a new wage structure for Confidential employees
- Consultation with various stakeholders from around the University will conducted;
- Obtain approval for the finalized new Confidential Employees Job Evaluation system from the Governing Council and implement the system
- Implementation of the new job evaluation system.
We will continue to update you as we move forward with this important project. This includes a meeting with all Confidential employees in the New Year where we will update you on this and other HR initiatives for your group.