|Date:||May 18, 2012|
|From:||Christina Sass-Kortsak, Assistant Vice-President, Human Resources|
|Cc:||Professional & Managerial Staff, Divisional HR Offices|
|Re:||Update on Confidential Job Evaluation Project Implementation|
On April 29, 2011, Angela Hildyard announced the University’s commitment to revisit the job evaluation method for Confidential positions and to conduct an internal and external market analysis of Confidential and PM positions.
In late 2011, as a result of work done with a Confidential Job Evaluation Advisory Committee and advice from an external consultant, it was determined that the best approach for Confidential job evaluation would be to expand the existing job evaluation tool used for Professional & Managerial Staff positions.
Over the past couple of months:
- confidential position descriptions were collected;
- every Confidential position was reevaluated using this revised system;
- an in-depth internal (USW positions) and external market analysis was conducted on the Confidential positions and;
- the wage structure for each group was realigned to the rating results and market information.
The result for Confidential Staff is a new job hierarchy with three salary levels,‘C1′, ‘C2′ and ‘C3′, (as a result the old ‘6N’, ‘7N’…’8N’ and ‘4B’ categories have been eliminated). Descriptions of these new levels, and the corresponding salary ranges, are available here.
What does this mean for you?
- As a result of the new salary ranges, some Confidential Staff member’s salaries need to be adjusted upwards to their new salary range minimum.
- As a result of the rating exercise, each Confidential position was moved into one of the three new salary ranges; a few Confidential positions have moved into the PM employee group.
- By May 28, the HR Divisional Offices will send personalized letters to each Confidential Staff member (cc his or her manager) advising you about the review and how your position has been affected.
- The classifications and changes to pay will be reflected in HRIS in time for the May pay close, all of which will be retroactive to April 1.
- To address any questions, you are invited to attend the Confidential Information Session Wednesday, May 30 from 9 – 10:30 am in the Governing Council Chamber, Simcoe Hall.
For more information
- For more details, please click here.
- Any questions, please contact your Divisional HR Office.