HR #21, 2013 – 2014
- April 22, 2014
- Principals, Deans, Academic Directors & Chairs; Professional & Managerial Staff; Research Associates and Senior Research Associates; Advancement Professionals; Confidential Staff. CC: Divisional HR Offices
- Angela Hildyard, Vice-President, Human Resources & Equity
- 2014 Annual Performance Assessment Process launching mid-May
This is to inform colleagues in the Professional & Managerial, Confidential, Advancement Professionals, Research Associates and Senior Research Associates employee groups, as well as their respective managers, that we will be initiating the annual performance assessment process in mid-May of this year.
While at this time it is unclear whether the Province will include compensation restraint within the 2014 Budget – which may impact upon our ability to implement merit increases – Annual Assessment is an important means of clarifying expectations, focusing priorities and discussing opportunities for development of employees.
Further details on this year’s process will be available in the coming weeks.
New for 2014: Performance Assessment process moving online for PM, Confidential staff
An easy-to-use process is essential for a successful performance management program. To support a more user-friendly experience, I am pleased to announce the introduction of a new online performance assessment tool: Halogen’s eAppraisal software.
This new tool will:
- Help streamline the existing annual performance assessment process; and,
- Allow for the online assessment of employees’ performance based on goals, objectives and competencies.
Professional & Managerial Staff, Confidential Staff, and their respective managers, will utilize the new online tool for the 2014 year’s review process.
Advancement Professionals, Research Associates and Senior Research Associates will continue to use the paper performance assessment forms, with plans to move each of these groups to the online tool in 2015.
More information about the new software will be provided to those using the tool this year. Please note that additional time has been built into this year’s process to ensure participants become familiar with the new online tool and have adequate time to complete each step of the process.
I thank you in advance for your support with this important process.