I am excited to announce that the nominations process for the 2021 Chancellor’s Awards is now open.
The Chancellor’s Awards presents a great opportunity to recognize a staff member (Unionized or Non-unionized) or librarian who has: performed their job responsibilities at the highest possible level; sought opportunities to acquire new job skills and education in order to assume positions of greater responsibility; engaged in advancing the mission and strategic objectives of the University; and fostered an inclusive community and culture of belonging.
Faculty, staff, and librarians are asked to submit any nominations to their Divisional HR Office prior to the deadline of 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 2, 2020.
This year, we are introducing a new category in the Chancellor’s Awards, The Distinguished Leader. The three categories for the prestigious award are:
- Distinguished Leader – demonstrates excellence within their faculty/division, are dedicated to enhancing their professional skills and contribute in a positive way to advancing the work of their faculty/division,
- Emerging Leader – demonstrates excellence in their roles that impact the broader University community, actively seek out opportunities for the acquisition of new professional skills and display significant potential to advance in their career and assume positions of greater responsibility at the University, and
- Influential Leader – demonstrates innovative leadership by motivating and influencing others in the pursuit of institutional objectives.
Last year, we celebrated the significant contributions of:
- Renee Brost, Chief Administrative Officer for the Division of the Vice-President, Research and Innovation, with the Chancellor’s Award (Emerging Leader) and
- Bryn MacPherson, Assistant Vice-President, Office of the President and Chief of Protocol, with the Chancellor’s Award (Influential Leader).
Details about the Chancellor’s Awards, including the complete program criteria and nomination form is available on the Awards of Excellence website.
Please contact your Divisional HR Office.