U of T’s Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) team recently launched its new website (https://ehs.utoronto.ca) and among the updates is a change to the online accident / incident reporting process.
Starting on Monday, July 25, 2016, employees will need to login with their UTORid in order to access the forms posted on https://ehs.utoronto.ca.
- Online Accident/Incident eForm for Employees
- Online Accident/Incident eForm for Students, Contractors and Visitors
Who needs to submit the form?
- In the event of an incident or injury involving students, contractors or other visitors (including visiting students conducting research), this form should becompleted and submitted by a University of Toronto employee.
- In the event of an incident or injury involving a University of Toronto employee, the individual’s supervisor / manager should complete and submit the form.
Submitting the form
If an employee needs to complete and submit a form, they are asked to have their UTORid and password available ahead of time to avoid delays in reporting.
Both the Workplace Safety Insurance Board (WSIB) and Ministry of Labour (MOL) have reporting timelines for various types of incidents.
What is the ‘UTORid / password’?
The UTORid and password are the same credentials used to:
- Access EHS training in the Portal portal.utoronto.ca
- Register for in-class EHS training at the My EHS training website https://ehs.utoronto.ca/training/my-ehs-training.
- Login to Employee Self-Service (ESS) for pay statements, vacation tracker, etc.
If unsure, employees are encouraged to try logging into the Portal or My EHS training to test it or contact their Business Officer.
For questions about the UTORid and password, please visit UTORid Account Management webpage www.utorid.utoronto.ca/.
If individuals still experience issues with their UTORid after 12 hours of the incident occurring or being reported, and / or require the form in an alternate format for accessibility purposes, please contact the EHS office at 416.978.4467 or firstname.lastname@example.org and the team will assist you in meeting the reporting deadlines.