Your statement summarizes the pension benefits you have earned to June 30, 2019. Remember that since 2012 statements are now provided exclusively online on ESS.
Proposed Conversion to the University Pension Plan Ontario (UPP)
The University is proposing to convert the University of Toronto Pension Plan (the “Plan”) to the University Pension Plan Ontario (UPP) with an anticipated conversion date of July 1, 2021. An application for approval of the conversion will be submitted to the Financial Services Regulatory Authority by the end of December 2019. The UPP will be a multi-employer jointly sponsored pension plan and the legal Administrator of the UPP will be the UPP Board of Trustees rather than the University.
The projections of your pension entitlement contained in this annual statement are based solely on the provisions of the Plan assuming the Plan terms continue in effect indefinitely. The projections do not take into account the proposed conversion to the UPP. Any projection including service beyond the anticipated conversion date of July 1, 2021 does not take into account the provisions of the UPP and should not be relied upon for any reason. If the proposed conversion receives regulatory approval, you will begin to accrue a pension based on the provisions of the UPP for service on and after the conversion date. The terms of the UPP are different in a number of ways than the terms of the Plan. Please contact email@example.com for updates about the UPP.
How to view your pension statements
- Log in to Employee Self-Service
- Select ‘My HR Self Service’ and answer the Security Question
- Please note: If you have not previously submitted a response to the University’s Employment Equity Survey, you will be prompted to do so when you log in to Employee Self-Service.
- Select ‘Pay and Benefits Information’
- Select ‘Pension Statement’
- Select the pension statement you want to view by year. The statement will be displayed in the bottom half of your screen.
If you would prefer to receive a printed copy of your statement, please contact University of Toronto Pension Services at 1.888.852.2559 Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.