|Date||July 1, 2013|
|From||HRIS Support Team|
|Re:||Reduced Vacation Payout for PM and Confidentials|
Overview: When to use
Effective July 1, 2013, the University reduced the payment that is provided to employees (PM / Confidentials) who, when they cease employment, have accumulated (that is, earned but not taken) approved vacation above their regular annual entitlement.
The reduction will be as follows:
- for those with 3 weeks annual vacation entitlement, a reduction of 4 days
- for those with 4 weeks annual vacation entitlement, a reduction of 5 days
- for those with 5 weeks annual vacation entitlement, a reduction of 6 days
For further information, refer to the following resources:
- Compensation Update Memo released on June 14, 2013
- (PDF) Calculating Reductions in Payout of Vacation Balanced on Cessation of Employment
The department updates all vacation days taken by the staff member in HRIS to ensure vacation tracker is up-to-date:
- (PDF) Record Paid Vacation for a Full-time Appointed Staff Member Procedure Documentation
- (PDF) Record Paid Vacation for a Part-time Appointed Staff Member Procedure Documentation
The department processes the termination event for the staff member:
The department calculates the number days that need to be reduced.
The department sends an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- number of days that need to be reduced and;
- expected balance of vacation days
The department processes the vacation payout once confirmation of the reduction of days is received.