February 22, 2016
Further to our message on January 19, 2016, below are the detailed process instructions with respect to the retroactive ATB increase for Faculty and Librarians. A summary of the salary and benefits agreement for Faculty and Librarians can be found in the January 22nd Provost Digest.
Below are the instructions and procedural documentation for the second phase of the retroactive ATB increase to be processed in March.
In March 2016, we will process the ATB for July 1st, 2015 and January 1st, 2016. Please run the Data Verification Report and UTFA ATB Exception and Update Report for your respective Organizational Units to view and correct the records with warnings and errors. This will ensure that records with data integrity issues can be corrected and included in the automatic update taking place on March 3rd, 2016. Please note that some of the exceptions may have to be processed manually.
If you haven’t processed ATB increases for the July 1st, 2014 and January 1st, 2015, the July 1st, 2014 and January 1st, 2015 along with July 1st, 2015 and January 1st 2016 will have to be processed manually.
Below are links to the timeline and the process for retroactive ATB Increase along with the Procedural and Support Documentation and corresponding Demos.
- UTFA ATB Exception and Update Report
- Exception Descriptions & Corrective Action Chart
- Retroactive ATB Increase Process for UTFA Staff with Segment Dates after July 1, 2015 / January 1st, 2016 – [Demo]
- Retroactive ATB Increase Process for UTFA Staff with Appointment Change (NOT PTR) ON July 1st, 2015 – [Demo]
The ATB eligibility criteria for Faculty members and Librarians are as follows:
- Faculty members and librarians who will be entitled to the July 1st, 2015 retroactive ATB increase must be actively employed on June 30th, 2015 and July 1st, 2015. Faculty members who will be entitled to the January 1st, 2016 retroactive ATB increase must be actively employed on December 31st, 2015 and January 1st 2016.
- Faculty members and librarians who commenced employment with the University on or after July 1st, 2015 but before January 1, 2016 will be entitled to the January 1st, 2016 ATB increase, calculated on their December 31st salary. Faculty members and librarians who commenced employment with the University on or after January 1st, 2016 will not be entitled to either increase.
The supplemental PTR eligibility criteria for Faculty members are as follows:
- Faculty members and librarians who received July 1st, 2015 PTR will receive a supplemental PTR flat dollar increase to base salary equal to the average PTR awarded, multiplied by the 2014-15 total ATB of 1.9%. All eligible faculty members and librarians will receive the same flat dollar increase to their July 1st, 2015 base salary. This amount will be calculated centrally and will be applied automatically through HRIS, where possible, in the March 2016 pay run
- For faculty members and librarians who have appointments of less than 100% FTE, the flat dollar amount will be prorated in accordance with their FTE.
Research and Study Leaves:
- The new Research and Study Leave codes will be implemented in HRIS as of Feb 25th. This will enable R&S Leave salary to be increased from 82.5% to 85% effective retroactive to July 1, 2015, for those leaves that commenced on or after July 1, 2015. Please note that these leaves will have to be manually processed after the July 2015 salary adjustments have been completed.
You can run the respective ATB Exception and Update Report throughout the entire month of March to manage the process.
- Run it before March 3rd, 2016: to view the current salaries for all UTFA Staff and easily identify which employees will be processed automatically and which are required to be manually processed.
- Run it after March 3rd, 2016: to view the updated salaries for all UTFA Staff and easily identify which employees you still need to process manually. If you have any questions with respect to the processing of records in HRIS, please feel free to contact the HRIS Help Desk using the AMS Form or attend the drop-in sessions on the date listed in the timeline document. If you plan on attending the session, please confirm your attendance via email@example.com andbring your e-token. Questions with respect to eligibility should be directed to your HR Divisional office.
Launch of B6 Application:
Further to the message sent by Planning and Budget on Feb 19th 2016 The Launch of B6 Application, please note that B6 Application process has been launched.
It will allow the departments to begin their compensation planning as early as possible and will be open throughout 2016-17 budget implementation periods.